Individuals assigned to work on an organizational transformation effort will need to spend a significant amount of time dedicated to this effort. This leads many executives to create a centralized “Transformation Office”. The Transformation Office is comprised of a few individuals that are dedicated 100% to the transformation effort, and play a multitude of roles in the overall program.
What are some of these roles:
- Ensure that all projects in the program are adhering to the overall vision/goals set out by the executives.
- Project Manager – keep the individual projects moving forward via status reporting.
- Act as the arms and legs for individuals involved in the effort that must balance their day-to-day responsibilities as well as their new transformation responsibilities.
- Assist with administrative details such as setting up meetings, creating meeting agendas, and taking meeting notes.
- Capture business requirements.
- Create required documentation (flowcharts, training materials, etc.)
- Keep executives up to speed with transparent project tracking.
- Ensure that items needing executive decisions are brought to the executives attention in a timely matter.
Transformation Offices can be staffed solely via internal resources, solely external resources, or can be a mixture of both. Our experience has proven that a mixture of resources works best. An experienced Transformation Office Leader, coupled with experienced Project Managers, and internal resources that provide institutional knowledge is often the winning mix!
Let Your Chief Advisors Assist With Your Transformation Office!
Your Chief Advisors has experienced Transformation Office Leaders, Project Managers, and Transformation Specialists ready to assist with your Transformation Office needs. Contact us today to explore how we can work together to make your transformation a success!